Vinyl flooring hasn't always been the most environmentally friendly option despite dominating the resilient flooring market, but Interface is changing that with our intentional approach to product design. Here is a bit more background on our approach:
- All Interface products that we sell, including LVT, are 3rd-party certified across the entire product life cycle as Carbon Neutral Floors™.
- All Interface LVT contains a minimum of 39% recycled content.
- Interface LVT on Sound Choice backing is the first LVT to be 3rd party certified as 100% recyclable in North America through our ReEntry® process. Interface LVT is specifically formulated to become a high-quality future input into our future flooring.
- Our resilient vinyl flooring products are completely free of ortho-phthalate plasticizers, heavy metal ingredients, added formaldehyde and any other ingredients that could contaminate our recycling systems.
- Virgin PVC plastic used in standard Interface LVT is compliant with the Green Star Best Practice Guidelines for PVC from the Green Building Council of Australia.
- Interface discloses LVT ingredients in Health Product Declarations (HPDs) that are LEED v4 compliant for Material Ingredients Reporting.
- All LVT is certified to comply with both the GREENGUARD Gold and FloorScore standard for low-VOC emissions, which uses the same California Department of Public Health testing methodology required by LEEDv4 (also used by CRI Green Label Plus for carpet).
- All Interface LVT is covered by a product-specific Environmental Product Declaration (EPDs) that publicly discloses its carbon footprint and other potential environmental impacts.
- Interface LVT is also certified under NSF-332 (Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floorcoverings) at the Silver level, ensuring adherence to a broad range of labor and environmental best practices in our supplier's manufacturing facility.
- As we continue our work on our Climate Take Back™ mission, resilient vinyl flooring is included in our development efforts to redesign our products to contribute to reversing climate change.
*For Interface customers seeking a non-vinyl resilient flooring option with industry-leading performance characteristics, we also offer nora® rubber.