We're making LVT more sustainable.
Interface LVT has been designed to high standards. We have been extremely intentional in the development of our LVT, which has not traditionally been the most sustainable flooring option. Here is a bit more background on our approach:
- All Interface products that we sell, including LVT, are 3rd-party certified across the entire product life cycle as Carbon Neutral FloorsTM.
- All Interface LVT contains a minimum of 39% recycled content and is 100% recyclable through ReEntry®, specifically formulated to become a high-quality future input into our CQuest™GB carpet tile backing.
- Our LVT products are completely free of ortho-phthalate plasticizers, heavy metal ingredients, added formaldehyde and any other ingredients that could contaminate our recycling system.
- All Interface LVT contains virgin PVC plastic that is compliant with the Green Star Best Practice Guidelines for PVC from the Green Building Council of Australia.
- Interface discloses LVT ingredients in Health Product Declarations (HPD) that are LEED v4 compliant for Material Ingredients Reporting.
- All LVT is certified to comply with both the GREENGUARD Gold and FloorScore standard for low-VOC emissions, which uses the same California Department of Public Health testing methodology required by LEEDv4 (also used by CRI Green Label Plus for carpet).
- All Interface LVT is covered by a product-specific Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) that publicly discloses its carbon footprint and other potential environmental impacts.
- Interface LVT is also certified under NSF-332 (Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floorcoverings) at the Silver level, ensuring adherence to a broad range of labor and environmental best practices in our supplier's manufacturing facility.
- As we begin our work on Climate Take BackTM, Modular Resilient Flooring will be included in our development efforts to redesign our products to contribute to reversing climate change.