Studio Set designed with consideration for how specific colors influence students’ performance in educational environments
ATLANTA – Nov. 28, 2017 –Interface, Inc. (Nasdaq: TILE) today announced the availability of its new luxury vinyl tile collection, Studio Set™, providing customers with a greater variety of sophisticated neutral and bright colors, which have been shown to boost creativity, collaboration and mental stimulation in K-12 and higher education environments.
According to the International Association of Color Consultants - North America (IACC-NA), appropriate color design “is important in creating surroundings that are conducive to studying and in promoting physical and mental health.” In addition, research from the International Center for Leadership in Education found that specific colors combined with patterns influence the behaviour and performance of learners.
“The science behind the psychology of colors has proven that flooring design has a unique influence on creativity, concentration and the ability to multi-task in a variety of learning environments,” said Lead Product Designer Kari Pei. “Recognizing this, we developed Studio Set to provide our customers with a more versatile palette, allowing them to create stronger, more productive and collaborative atmospheres.”
The latest addition to its Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) portfolio, Interface’s Studio Set introduces 13 new color options and, as with all of Interface's LVT offerings, features the following design and performance attributes:
- Designed to match Interface's Skinny Planks™, coming together with a precise fit, allowing customers to pair hard and soft products together;
- Engineered to compatible height with Interface's carpet tiles, providing the ability to effortlessly move from hard to soft flooring without transition strips;
- Created with Sound Choice™ proprietary backing (and certified by Quiet Mark™) to meet acoustical sound requirements for reducing vertical sound transfer – ideal for K-12, higher education and other learning enviornments;
- Constructed with materials and recycling in mind, including a commitment to deliver Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for all hard flooring products;
- Recyclable through Interface's ReEntry® program; and
- Backed by Interface's 15-year commercial warranty.
To learn more about the Studio Set collection, click here.
Interface, Inc. is the world's largest manufacturer of modular carpet, and has recently expanded into modular resilient flooring with a new luxury vinyl tile line. Our hard and soft tiles are designed to work together in an integrated flooring system. We are committed to sustainability and minimizing our impact on the environment while enhancing shareholder value. Our Climate Take Back mission focuses on driving positive impacts in the world to create a climate fit for life. Recently, Interface was named third on GlobeScan and SustainAbility’s 20th Annual Sustainability Leaders Survey. Interface is the only company to earn a place on the list every year since its inception in 1997. For additional information: interface.com and blog.interface.com. Follow Interface on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Vimeo.