Interface Europe B.V.* and its subsidiaries in EMEA (collectively “Interface Europe” or “we”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes how Interface Europe collects, processes and protects your personal data (for example your name, email address, physical address or IP address). We can collect personal data on-line, over the phone, at events, location visits, exhibitions, seminars.
We collect personal data in order to process contact requests and orders and for direct marketing purposes. Additionally we use the data to improve our services and to track trends and statistics. When you visit our website, our servers could log your IP address. Your IP address may be used to gather generic demographic information. We may also collect non-personal data (such as type of browser, the visited domain name, company names or addresses etc.).Regular email updates
You can subscribe to our regular updates, invites to events or surveys in our preference centre by leaving your name and email address. Here you can also indicate which updates you wish to receive. After subscribing you will receive a confirmation email.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time.Cookies
- Analytical: by using Analytics cookies we collect anonymous data regarding your use of our website and services, for example which pages you visit, the amount of visits and if you encounter any errors. We also use these cookies to check if you open and read our messages such as the regular email updates.
- Social Media: our website makes it possible for you to share our information via social media and these cookies make this process easier by remembering the social media you use. We will not access your social media account.
- Advertising: we use Advertising cookies to improve our marketing strategies.
If you remove our cookies you can still use our website.Disclosing and storing
Personal data may be disclosed to third parties for the purpose of:
- executing agreements (like sending samples);
- improving our marketing strategies and materials;
- fraud investigation. In which case we will be obligated to cooperate during an investigation.
We never sell your personal data to third parties.
Your personal data can be stored in any country with an established Interface entity or where Interface has a commercial partner. It may be used by us or our affiliated companies to provide you services, improve our products and services, or track trends. We may provide your personal data to third parties for the same purposes (e.g., providing your address to a shipping company). It is possible that your personal data will be shared outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States of America, to our affiliated companies or selected third parties.Security
Interface Europe has security measures in place to provide protection against the loss, misuse and alteration of the data under our control.
On our website your personal data is encrypted and protected utilising the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. Most browsers will indicate the encrypted nature of your data when you are visiting a secure page.
We also protect your data offline. All data of our website users is maintained in a restricted section in our offices and systems. We limit the access to such personal data to just those employees who need the data to perform their job.
We take all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your data in our systems.Links
Our website contains links to other websites. Interface Europe is not responsible for any information you provide to other websites you may access through these links.Your rights
Regarding your own personal data, you have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- have inaccurate personal data amended;
- be forgotten or erased;
- prevent any use of your personal data until the data is erased or amended;
- data portability (the right to receive your personal data electronically and in a commonly used format);
- object to your personal data being processed based on our own legitimate interest;
- prevent any automated decision-making and profiling;
You can execute these rights by sending an email to email@example.com
to which we will respond within 30 days.
If you have created an account on our website or if you are registered to our regular updates via the preference centre you can amend your personal data here yourself as well.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities.Data breaches
Despite our security measures, something could happen to the personal data you provided to us (e.g. a hack of our database). If this happens we will take all reasonable measures to remedy the breach and mitigate any risks. We will also notify you as soon as we can if this breach is likely to result in high risks for you. We will then provide you with recommendations on how you can limit the negative impacts as well.
If you have any questions for example about the privacy statement please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Interface Europe B.V., with registered address at Industrielaan 15, Scherpenzeel, The Netherlands and registered under the Dutch chamber of commerce no. 09064240.