GreenCircle Certified Environmental Facts
At Interface, sustainability is not about certifications. We have committed to showing the world that a business can prosper without negatively impacting people and the planet. We choose certifications that help us progress toward this goal and clearly show whether or not we are fulfilling our Mission Zero promise.
The GreenCircle Certified Environmental Facts label is a natural choice for us because it was established to counteract the many unsubstantiated claims in the marketplace and requires the most transparency from manufacturers. The Certified Environmental Facts audit evaluates over 30 environmental claims of a product or manufacturing system; its rigorous process relies on recognized standards from ANSI, ISO and ASTM as well as established certifications referenced by LEED v4.
The easy-to-read "nutritional facts" format of the GreenCircle Certified Environmental Facts label makes it easy to see the relevant info all in one place. The label is broken into Product and Manufacturing Specific information, which allows us to clearly demonstrate our progress toward our ambitious goals.
Examples of GreenCircle Environmental Facts
Interface Goal: Reduce products’ average carbon footprint by 80% by 2020.
- Certified Fact: We’ve reduced the carbon footprint of our products by at least 28% since 2011.
Interface Goal: 100% of product ingredients from recycled or bio-based sources by 2020.
- Certified Fact: Standard Interface carpet tile products offer a minimum of 66% total recycled content with our GlasBac® backing and a minimum of 80% with our GlasBacRE backing.
Interface Goal: 100% of regions we serve have access to our ReEntry product take back system.
- Certified Fact: Our Americas ReEntry program is 3rd party verified to recycle at least 59% of the weight of old carpet tile we take back into new GlasBacRE backing.
- Certified Fact: Products on GlasBacRE backing are the industry’s first certified Closed Loop Products, with at least 51% of new products made from carpet tile waste.
Interface Goal: Net zero carbon emissions from manufacturing by 2020
- Certified Fact: In five years we’ve reduced our carbon emissions from 6,414 tons to just 17 tons.
Interface Goal: Zero waste to landfill or incineration by 2020.
- Certified Fact: We’re at 96% waste diversion from the landfill with an end goal of 100%.
Interface Goal: 100% renewable energy use in manufacturing by 2020
- Certified Fact: We use 99% renewable energy in our Americas manufacturing facilities.
We are proving the impossible is possible every day in our drive to achieve Mission Zero by 2020, so we decided to dream even bigger for our mission beyond 2020, Climate Take Back. The next certification we will need is for products that help reverse global warming and create a climate fit for life.